Plasma for Surface Treatment and Decontamination
Plasma: A Safer and Greener solution
Plasma is a clean and cost effective way of sterilization, bonding enhancement, and increased wettability. Plasma generation doesn’t require hazardous chemicals so it’s a clean and hazard-free process that often yields superior results to traditional surface preparation techniques.
- Addition of monolayer precursors can ensure binding of specific functional groups
- Hydrophobic, hydrophilic, and super-hydrophobic surface characteristics can be engineered to experiment needs
- Chemical cleaning can leave behind dangerous contaminants which can have harmful side effects on cell cultures and chemical reactions. Plasma eliminates the need for solvents and creates a much cleaner surface for experimentation.
- Plasma assisted quartz-like coatings reduce leeching effects by up to 90% over traditional methods
- Cleans surfaces of protein, chemical, and cell contamination
- Reduces carbon residues left by standard cleaning and polishing methods
- Decrease in contamination and residues promote better adhesion
- Increases wettability, adherance, and cohesion in immunoassays, cell cultures, and microarrays
- Prevents overflowing and cross-contamination
- Promotes antigen binding
- Increases binding selectivity
Cleaning and Sterilization