Mass Spectrometers for Thin Films, Plasma & Surface Engineering
Hiden Analytical have been designing and developing the highest quality quadrupole mass spectrometer based systems for over 30 years. We have built a reputation for delivering instruments with superior sensitivity, accuracy and reproducibility together with a first class global service and applications support network.
Thin film processing in research, development and functionalization of surfaces has a broad application range in microelectronics, nanotechnology, solar, flat panel, mechanics, optics, photonics, textiles, coatings, chemistry, biology and medicine.
Thin film processing utilises a wide range of techniques, including:
- Magnetron sputtering
- ALD – Atomic Layer Deposition
- CVD – Chemical Vapour Deposition
- MOCVD – Metal Organic Chemical Vapour Deposition
- PECVD – Plasma Enhanced Chemical Vapour Deposition
- MBE – Molecular Beam Epitaxial growth
- RIE – plasma Reactive Ion Etch
- IBE/RIBE – Ion Beam Etch and Reactive Ion Beam Etch